Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Death & Default


Image courtesy of hereandnow.wbur.org
Protestors protesting against the government's lack of action in Washington D.C.
I've been thinking about death a lot lately. Not in a "I wonder if it hurts" way, but a "Will I go to heaven" way. Truth is, death scares me. Like, hide-in-my-room-with-the-lights-turned-on-and-a-knife-in-my-hand scared. I'm not frightened of the initial pain, because that's over and done with fairly quickly. I'm scared of what will happen to me after I die. Will I, like the Christians believe, go to heaven? Will I become reincarnated? Will I simply cease to exist, my ashes scattered among the dirt for some animal to urinate on (because, let's be honest, even your ashes aren't safe from the wonders of animal waste)? 

The more I think about death, the more I think about how it's like the government default. Much like death, we have no clue what’s going to happen after it happens. Will our economy completely collapse into itself? Will it be like 2008, or God forbid, the 1930s, all over again? Will we continue being able to go to school? Will the states become separate nations? Will we become like an anarchy? Will the world view America as a failure? 

Just in case the worst happens, we need to prepare. Below is your go to guide for the government default. Please enjoy. 
1) Will we die?
I really don’t know. I bet God knows the answers. 

2) Does this mean I don’t have to go to school?
Uh, no. You still have to go to school. Just because the government spent too much time arguing, doesn’t mean you get to skimp on your map final for geography. However, it is possible the government will be forced to cut education spending in half, which could (if you go to a public school) affect your learning experience. 

3) Will we become an anarchy?
No. Many poor countries are intact despite the fact that, they’re, well, poor. We would only become an anarchy if someone tries to over throw the current government. It’s unlikely, but still a possibility. 

There you have it! My amazingly accurate guide to the government default. If you are interested in more serious information, click the links below. 

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment